Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm FELTing Creative Today

I have noticed a new trend in design lately.  That is the use of Felt.  When I think about felt, I think about when I was in Arts & Crafts in grade school.  But now I see this sustainable material making a huge comeback and statement!  I love the reinvention of this fabric and the unique application designers have come up with.

I came across this Toronto-based designer Kathryn Walter and her work with felt is absolutely breath-taking.  Her business Felt Studio is booming and works only with felt.  Felt is a sustainable textile that is extremely durable and made from wool/natural resources. Take a look at some of her amazing installations...

 
Wosk Theater at the Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles

The Gladstone Hotel, Toronto
Kathryn Walter doing her magic...keep rockin out girl!
Hotel Germain, Calgary
Oxygen Media Studios, Los Angeles
Hotel One, Seattle
Felt Furniture



Felt bag, wood carrier, and vessels.

Kathryn is a Felt maven!  I am obsessed with her installations.  Check out more photos and information on her website http://feltstudio.com/.  

(All images via http://feltstudio.com/)

LIVE WELL.  LIVE PURE.
sami


No comments:

Post a Comment