Monday, March 12, 2012

Abaco UpCycles!

As I am sure you have learned in my past blogs (here, and here) my family has a second home on the small island of Abaco in a town called Treasure Cay in the Bahamas.  This so-called heaven on Earth is such a special place to me.  Treasure Cay and all the towns/islands in the Abacos creates a lasting impression on all that come to visit.

I recently joined a group on Facebook that is dedicated to creatively recycling and repurposing things (or trash) found on the island.  The group shares photos and ideas that I thought they were so creative, unique and fabulous, that I had to share with you all!
There really is no beach as beautiful as Treasure Cay.
Used bath tub turned into a pond.
Old coffee canisters as lanterns 
Pallet (which are EVERYWHERE) converted into a coffee table
Old buckets as upside-down planters
More pallets used as shelving. So beautiful and natural
Driftwood used as a canvas.  Created and painted by our friend Clint Greene

 Abaco UpCycles! makes me even more proud to belong to such an amazing and special community.  I am very excited to get back to Treasure Cay and do some up-cycling of my own!

LIVE WELL.  LIVE PURE.
sami

No comments:

Post a Comment