Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspired by...Living Green-An Earthy Space

Greetings everyone!  Each week I will share some green living inspirations.  All furniture/accessories/elements of a space will be "green."  Going green doesn't mean going bland.

This week I am inspired by a earthy/natural feeling in a space.  There is nothing more natural then using materials in their raw form.  When I think of an earthy space, I think of wood, neutral tones, green tones, bringing the outdoors to an indoor space, and a sense of calmness.  Check out some elements I would use in creating an eco-friendly earthy area.

The Eco Sectional Sleeper.  I love the look and the dual colors of this sofa.  The loose back pillows, bolsters, and high arm rests makes you feel like you want to melt away in that couch.
Wood framed made of certified sustainable wood and water-based wood finishes.  Cushions/pillows filling is made of recycled fiber and soy-based filling.  Upholstered in organic cotton and linen blend.
Wood Cube Tables.  This is an obvious one.  Anything that is made of wood just exudes the feeling of nature.
Butaca Chair.  
Cushions upholstered in organic grown cotton fabric or reclaimed jute coffee sacks.

 With all the natural tones in my imaginary space, it is always good to add a pop of color.  
Chain link rug.  I am OBSESSED with this rug.  Not only do I love the tone-on-tone but I love the modernness of the rug.  Mixing styles such as natural and modern is a great way to create an 2012 look without being too dominated by one style.
Rug is made in Massachusetts.  Made of wool fibers and colored by water-based all natural dyes. 
Funky accessory.  I love throwing in accessories or items that are unexpected in a space.  
Vintage jar rack.
Terrariums.  My absolute favorite
How cool would this coffee table be?
...for another pop of color that is complimentary to the greys, neutrals, and blue.  Plus a lil bit of storage
Locally made from Madison, Wisconsin (go Badgers) with all natural materials.  These guys are pretty cool.

I could go on and on with this natural green living inspiration.  It's a good one.  Stay tuned for next weeks Green Living Inspiration with a completely different style!

LIVE WELL.  LIVE PURE.
sami







No comments:

Post a Comment