Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Mandell Nursery

 I am SO beyond excited today because my cousin emailed me saying she wants me to do her nursery for her lil bun in the oven, and its a girl!  The Mandell family is completely dominated by men and when we found out that a baby girl is coming into the family we were all so ecstatic.  I can't help but start brainstorming ideas and schemes for lil princess.  I can't also stop thinking about how superstitious Jews are when it comes to preparing everything before the baby is born...a big no no!  My mom said that when my older sister was born, my Dad had to rush home and put together the crib and changing table, thats seriously superstitious!

I am very excited to work with my cousin because she is a handbag designer for Mia Bossi (beautiful diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags!) which means she is super chic and stylish.  This should be real fun! Here are just some ideas I came up with on the fly after getting this amazing news...  
Precious polka-dots
My favorite scheme of the bunch...soft, sweet, and super chic!
For the glam baby
This scheme is runner up for my favorite.  May be too sophisticated for a babygirl but like I always say, "A fabulous design is a timeless design."  She will grow into it.
What could be better for a baby girls room than a pink crib?!?
This one may be more practical...love modern cribs
Seriously, could this crib be any cooler?  So major!

Ok so my cousin Rob is a die hard Jayhawk (as am I! Rock Chalk!!!) and wants to keep his pictures/memorabilia in the nursery.  That aint happening!  But maybe these silver KU letters can make an appearance 
Obviously there will be a Baby J in the crib for her to cuddle with.  

Can't wait to get started!  Stay tuned for more details!

LIVE WELL.  LIVE PURE.
sami




No comments:

Post a Comment