Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vintage Ceiling Tiles

Right now I am working on a very unique and pretty large project.  I am approaching this project in many phases so I don't overwhelm myself with the amount that needs to be redesigned and completed.  The space that I am working on is a vintage building in Bucktown that is over 100 years old.  After the interior demolition was completed, I went took a look inside to see what I was working with... 

In the future this will be the "lobby".  It is in pretty raw form but what I instantly noticed was gold...

...its these vintage tiles that line the entire ceiling of the first floor!  I was beyond excited!  The ceiling tiles have been painted over but with a lot of time and love, they are going to be focal point of the space! 


My inspiration image

Here are some creative ways vintage ceiling tiles have been reused
A beautiful headboard...
A decorative mirror...
A unique bulletin board...
Stay tuned to see the process these tiles will go through!

LIVE WELL.  LIVE PURE.
sami

No comments:

Post a Comment