Thursday, May 5, 2011

Modern Island Project Inspiration

So the other day I was interviewed by a potential client to be her interior designer for her fabulous condo in Chicago.  She was so fantastic and wow-her condo was beyond gorgeous!  The finishes and the floors were to die for.  She has traveled and lived in many areas of the world and wants her apartment to reflect that.  Her main inspirations and locations that are so close to her heart is Hawaii, Chicago, and Asia.  Ever since my interview I can't stop thinking of schemes.  Just for fun, here are a few that I came up with.

The existing couch is a pewter gray leather.  I think these combination complements the modern-ness of her apartment, brings hints of islands while keeping it chic

Im obsessed with this wallpaper.  Dying to use it somewhere!  Thew in some blue tones to resemble the ocean

More classy and understated but LOVE!!!

If this doesn't scream tropical then I don't know what does

Grasscloth is always a great way to soften a space


Or textured walls

LOVE LOVE this wallpaper!

I am extremely fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in the islands of Bahamas.  Here are some photos from Treasure Cay, Bahamas that inspire me as a designer







Heaven on Earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment