Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Harsh Reality

  Lately, I have been indulging myself in anything and everything in sight.  Soon after those indulgences are met I surely feel the aftermath which is NOT a good feeling.  I love feeling healthy and pure on the inside as well as the outside.  It dawned on me while I was feeding my dog (who is on an all  natural raw diet) that she is WAY healthier than I am.  "How did this happen?" I thought to myself...

Tula's Daily food

and all natural treats

I realized that I have been consuming more junk food, alcohol, and processed foods than nutritious/healthy foods that will help maintain what I thought a healthy lifestyle.  So I decided to take the plunge and check my body and mind into my own form of rehab; an 11 day CLEANSE.  I did a cleanse a year ago and had great results.  My energy level was high, I lost some weight (from ALL THE TOXINS in my body), and changed my lifestyle to a more health-conscious livable life.  Before I started my cleanse I indulged myself in some of my favorite things-a homage, a goodbye, a thank-you to things I won't be consuming for a while...

The cleanse does not allow booze.  Bye bye booze.  I love you red wine, you will see me when the cleanse is over, just in moderation

Oh mac and cheese, we've had a good run-great relationship but I am not getting any benefits.  Bye bye


Turkey sandwiches, especially this one from Lucias, is my favorite thing in the world.  Turkey, salami, provolone, lettuce, tomato, italian seasonings, and oil on fresh bread...mouth watering.  People don't realize that Turkey is a healthy alternative to sammys, but boy is it a processed meat.  If you are going to eat turkey, try and aim for all natural turkey


Beer.  Miller Lites-my go to, super classy.  Love you but I gotta say goodbye for a while.  


I am halfway through my cleanse and I already feel totally amazing.  The toxins are being flushed out of my system and my energy level is way up!  I've got 5 more days to this torture but I know in the end it'll be worth it.  It is super important to take good care of our bodies because we are stuck with them for the rest of our lives.  Next time you eat a meal, really think about what you are putting into your body.  It is a harsh reality no doubt-but its up to you to act on it.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment