Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's Great to be a Girl!!

A good family friend of mine just bought a house in Deerfield and asked me to help with some of the rooms.  Obvi I said "yes" and the first room we talked about was her daughter's room who is two and a half years old.  What could be more fun then designing a little girls room?!?!?!?  When my family moved into our house over 20 years ago, we got to choose the carpet for our room.  I was 5 at the time and went straight for the brightest/plushest pink carpet in the showroom.  I wish I had a picture of my room at the time-the carpet was so bright that the reflection turned my walls pink as well.  It was Barbie central/pink overload in my room.

I started pulling some swatches from my library for ideas and concepts and here is what I came up with...

For a Queen in the making

Switcheroo of a fabric makes a big difference

Testing out different wallpapers...

I just love the birds...


This scheme its pretty redic.  Not so much for a little girl but maybe a teenager

Close-up/detail of this incredible fabric

Favorite of the day

What my office looks like when I'm working and my brain is going in 1000 different directions.  Looking at this mess gives me anxiety cause I'm somewhat of a neat freak

My lil helper, Tula.  She is extremely opinionated 


No comments:

Post a Comment