Thursday, March 24, 2011

Randomness

Here are just some random blurbs

Can you guess what this is...?  


...bark from firewood!  Playing around with camera settings.




There is a great story behind the Tiger.  My Grandpa is a collector of anything and everything-borderline hoarder.  When my mom was a little girl to when I was a little girl my Grandpa had a few stores in the city; first the chochkee store then later a lingerie store on Belmont for transgender women, overweight women and where my mom took my sister to get her first bra.  Sorry Ash, had to add that.  Anyway, this Tiger for some reason would not sell at the chochkee store and so Gramps brought it home (my mom was a teenager-thats how old it is!).  The Tiger has survived three kids, five dogs, and a few moves.  It is something that has such sentimental value to each of us in my family.

Grandpa is also a notorious flea market/garage sale maven.  He usually brings half of what he finds over to our house.  He brought over this gorgeous champaign fountain that he found at a garage sale.  These really good finds of his are very few and far between but we love hin anyways.

Champaign fountain gold detail.  Not bad Gramps, not bad!!!

This is Gramps showing us two prosthetic legs he found at a flea market (obvi) and was going to donate them to the hospital.   LOL, its the thought that counts.  Such a big heart!


Check out the BAMBOO utensil holders I found and hung them on the wall for my mom to store her beads.

GREEN beads in a "GREEN" display/storage holder...

Looks pretty rad...patting myself on my back right now.

Love this hand.  Love any figures of hands.  

My mom's yoga bench is handmade by Eddie Rachman, my next door neighbor's dad.  We love you Rachman's.  My mom had other things on it but I cleaned it up.  The bench itself is a work of art-don't overcrowd pieces that are beautiful themselves!  I like to keep surfaces clean and clutter-free.

Do I foresee a new collection coming?  I think so.  A great way to find and add uniqueness to your home/space is to collect one thing-ie hands-in different shapes, colors, and conditions.  Once you have a great collection-display it wisely and voila!!!!!  You've got yourself some art!


No comments:

Post a Comment